servcaraso Admin replied

295 weeks ago

Escape From New York Full Movie Download

Show Spoiler

a5c7b9f00b In the future, crime is out of control and New York City's Manhattan is a maximum security prison. Grabbing a bargaining chip right out of the air, convicts bring down the President's plane in bad old Gotham. Gruff Snake Plissken, a one-eyed lone warrior new to prison life, is coerced into bringing the President, and his cargo, out of this land of undesirables.
In 1997, Manhattan has been transformed in the New York Maximum Security Penitentiary, where criminals are sent in life sentence. When the Air Force One crashes in Manhattan with the president of the USA that is traveling to a summit with other leaders, the prison dean Hauk proposes a deal to the convicted one-eyed bank robber Snake Plissken. If he rescues the president and his tape in less than 23 hours, he would be granted pardon. In order to guarantee full commitment of Snake Plissken, Hauk lures him and injects a lethal capsule in his blood that will dissolve in the scheduled time. Snake Plissken uses a small plane to land one the roof of the World Trade Center. Soon he finds that the tracking device was removed from the president. When he meets the taxi driver Cabbie, he learns that the warlord The Duke has captured the president. Now Snake Plissken has to team-up with his former partner Brain, who has double-crossed him in the past, and his squeeze Maggie to rescue the president and save his own life.
I was in JR. High when I saw this on HBO back in the 1980's on a late Saturday night, and I loved every second of it. I was pretty young when John Carpenter and Debra Hill were cranking out their great movies, the first one I saw in the movie theater was Christine. But now with blu Ray I have a great collection of their movies, including the 2 disc collectors edition of Escape From New York form Shout Factory. It's amazing that this movie does not look outdated and has an incredible cast. Kurt Russell was perfect for Snake Plisken. I find it funny that Donald Pleasance is British and plays the U.S. President in this movie, but he was such an incredible actor. Isaac Hayes was excellentwell by playing the bad guy The Duke. I wish this movie would be re-released into the movie theatres so I could see it on the big screen. But, every time I watch a John Carpenter movie like Escape From New York, it takes me back to another time and place in my life. I think that's why I love his movies still today.
Rebels are always my favorite type of hero because their people that don't go with the flow they simply want to do their own thing and don't want anyone to tell them otherwise. But also that they are willing to defend themselves against what seems unfair and unjust. This is my third favorite movie from my favorite movie director John Carpenter and one of my favorite movies in general.<br/><br/>Everything about the movie is just great. I really like how dark the futuristic setting is, even though there isn't a great deal of depth uncovered you know enough to get a feeling of a society that has turned it's back on it's own principles it once stood by. The fact that New York has been made into a maximum security prison is irony of this since New York is considered the heart of America, a place where great things occurred and were achieved, and anything was possible. But I just really like the look of New York, the model, set pieces, use of lighting and use of an old abandoned town was great and it was all done on a low budget. It's just a prime example of a budget used the right way no matter what range it goeslongheart and effort is put into it. The world of the city prison is really dark and dangerous it's someplace you don't want to live in.<br/><br/>The action is good it's not wall to wall but that's a good thing because it made the film a little realistic plus this film is more of a suspense thriller. My favorite sequence is the gladiatorial fight against the giant, I just like how the fight didn't look too much like a well choreographed martial arts battle but an actual fight.<br/><br/>And of course the best things were the suspense, I really liked the dark moody atmosphere the darkness and the ruin of the city really give you the sense of isolation and constant danger, there could be a gang of killers hiding within the shadows. The music is superb,usual John Carpenter best fortays is music, the theme song is one of my favorite themes ever. His score creates moodiness some placeswellexcitement in others.<br/><br/>Supporting characters are good, Snakes allies are likable though unreliable. Cabbie played by the late Ernest Borgnine is funny he's helpful but at the same time a bit of a coward. Brain by Harry Dean Stanton is true to his name a thinker/schemer and Maggie by Adrienne Barbeau whom is hotusual but she's tough. Both sort of have a bronze and brains dynamic, Brain is the one that always has a plan and leads while Maggie is sort of a bodyguard for him since it seems like she's the one with some fighting capabilities.<br/><br/>The main villain the Duke played by the late Issac Hayes is great and yeah I like his music, I like how he's menacing he a man in charge but also he's fun at the same time because he's got some really got really good lines or just simply how he delivers them.<br/><br/>But of course the best thing about the movie for me is the character Snake Plisken played brilliantly by one of my favorite actors Kurt Rusell. Snake is my favorite fictional hero of all time, I really love the voice he has it's sort of a Clint Eastwood like tone. Snake is toughnails both verbally and physically. There's not a great deal of depth to his character but I think that's a good thing because it give him sort of a mystique value. I love the fact that he's a guy that has a problem with authority, isn't really looking to be a hero but mainly just wants to keep to himself, and doesn't take crap from anyone or even give a crap about certain problems. But he's a hero because he does what is right or at least what he's meant to do whether he wants to or not, because there is no one else. I highly emphasize with him because I too have a problem with authority, I don't like being told what to do, and I like keeping to myself. To me Snake is America, America was founded and created by rebels like him.<br/><br/>Escape from New York is escapist fun.<br/><br/>Rating: 4 stars
The pleasures are right in your face, beginning with the million-dollar idea of turning NYC into a walled-off prison where criminals run free. Even born-and-raised New Yorkers (of which Carpenter was decidedly not) could smile at that histrionic setup; it’s an outsider’s joke made funny by our willingness to be entertained.
The most logical reason is that he did it in retaliation. He felt cheated by Hauk because he was not told about the explosive charges in his neck until AFTER he agreed to take on the mission and the injection, and thereby endangering his life. This is the samehis motive for doing a similar thing in <a href="/title/tt0116225/">Escape from L.A. (1996)</a> when he shuts down the Earth. In the sequel Snake tells the President, "You better hope I don't make it back." Another reason could be that Snake broke the tape out of respect for those who helped him escape and who died: Cabbie, Maggie, and Brain. Keep in mind, the President (Donald Pleasance) wasn't too appreciative of the others (saying only that they did a "service to their country"), and was more worried about how he was going to look on TV to address the summit leaders. And of course, it could be that being the cynical anti-hero that Snake is, he really doesn't give a f*. The contents of the tape are never explicitly revealed in the movie, but we can make certain assumptions.<br/><br/>Hauk states that the United States is at war, and that the President was on his way to a summit called the Hartford Summit. China and the Soviet Union are waiting at the summit, so the implication is that (in the movie's alternate future) the U.S. is at war with them. Hauk says that the President's arrival is "critical to the fate of the human race," so the summit is most likely a last-ditch effort to put an end to World War III, an all-out nuclear war. Without the President and the tape, Hauk says, the representatives of China and the Soviet Union will go back to their countries, presumably to continue fighting the war.<br/><br/>One possibility is that the tape contains the speech that the President was going to deliver at the Summit. That seems unlikely, since there's no reason the President couldn't have improvised a new speech containing the basic theme of the old one. Besides, the President could have written the speech down instead of recording it on a tape, and his staff would have had a copy of the speech.<br/><br/>When Snake asks what is on the tape, Hauk replies by asking Snake what he knows about cold fusion. Cold fusion was, at the time of the movie's production, a theoretical process to create unlimited energy. At one point in the cab, a brief portion of the tape is played. The voice on the tape describes radioactive elements before it's shut off. So we know the contents of the tape are related to nuclear technology.<br/><br/>This leaves two possibilities. One is that the tape's recording contains a description of some revolutionary form of nuclear power which the President is sharing with the Communist nations. Giving the technology to the enemy might be a goodwill gesture or revealing the technology might have been a condition of Russia and China's appearance at the summit. Another possibility might be that the tape describes all of the nuclear secrets of the United States. Revealing these secrets might be (again) a goodwill gesture to the enemy or part of the terms of the summit. Either way, the President failing to deliver the technology ends all hope of the summits success.<br/><br/>But the boring answer is that it really doesn't matter what was on the tape in the briefcase,the tape and the briefcase is a 'MacGuffin', a plot device to get the story going. There is a fan-made one called <a href="/title/tt1753790/">Escape from New Jersey (2010)</a>. Set Straight after Escape From New York, we find Snake Plissken stuck in New Jersey with his new found freedom on the line when his path crosses that of Armando Barone, the crime kingpin of the Garden State. With his Presidential pardon in Barone's grasp, Snake is once again forced to re-steal the money that got him sent to New York Prison in the first place. Can Snake pull off the job? Will he ever truly be free? But more importantly, can he escape New Jersey? This one is directed by a fan of the original two movies <a href="/name/nm2031205/">Chris R. Notarile</a> and stars <a href="/name/nm4142591/">Hector De La Rosa</a>Snake.
Kung Fu Panda torrentMaverick malayalam movie downloadthe The Amazing Race hindi dubbed free downloadParker full movie in hindi free downloadValerie movie in hindi dubbed downloadBruce Lee: M os de Ferro movie download hdTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III full movie in hindi free download mp4Pilot online freehindi Lucy free downloadA Fathers Love full movie 720p download

last edited 217 weeks ago by servcaraso
Please log in to post a reply.